Journey to discover what's on your neighboring country. . .
My Offers are based on 10 years of experience.
I'm in position to offer to You, road trips to Croatia, with lots of cultural and historical monuments,
including gastronomy, enology, etc.
Travel starts with the Region Primorsko - Goranska, with the main town Rijeka
One of the possibilities for accommodation, offers you;
Between Opatija and Lovran, the hills of Mt. Učka and the atmosphere of an idyllic fisherman's town between waves and sun, intimate luxury and gastronomic art rises the Hotel Ika*** - an inspiration for relaxation.
It is a family type hotel and suits all requirements of the modern tourism. The hotel disposes of 45 beds in newly arranged comfortable rooms including bathroom and toilet, satellite TV, telephone , air conditioner and free wireles internet. Hotel disposes with own Parking 20m from hotel.
The beautiful gravel beach in front the hotel, the romantic 12 km long walk on the "Lungomare" from Opatija to Lovran.
Grobnik is a small littoral hilltop town situated at the most advantageous military, economical and traffic point of Vinodol area. From one side, Grobnik's millenarian walls get caressed by Mediterranean climate and kindly disposed Kvarner bay, topped with entwining, fairy-tale hills covered in the plenitude of medicinal herbs with their characteristic Mediterranean scents. On the other side Grobnik faces the so called Grobnik Alps, a forecourt to Gorski kotar, a mountainous region providing freshness of continental climate. Here we find the most westward Frankopans' castle of ex-Vinodol County, a heavenward Grobnik Castle that was constructed around the 1000 AD atop the Roman foundations. From the northeast of Grobnik Castle one can see a branch of limes.
Town of Grobnik has been inhabited since the prehistoric times. The later Illyrian settlers of Grobnik were conquered by Romans who constructed a more robust fortification for defense against barbarians, during the great movement of the peoples. Subsequently the town felt into the hands of Goths and Franks. From the 10th century onward it has been a part of Croatian state. In 1225 it came to be ruled by the Counts of Krk, that have called themselves Frankopans ever since the 15th century. The names of Grobnik and its representatives are mentioned in 1288 within one of the most significant legal documents of feudal Europe, the Vinodol Code, that was composed in Glagolitic alphabet and written in Croatian language. During the 15th and 16th centuries, life in Town of Grobnik is characterized by the numerous Ottoman incursions. Town of Grobnik now came to be ruled by Zrinski family, actually the relatives of Frankopans. In 1671 then very rich Town of Grobnik was robed and turned over to Austrian-Hungarian chamber.
Grobnik Castle has been designed in a form of triangle, belted by walls, strengthened by towers and semi-towers, and additionally protected with another belt of walls. Fortifications were mainly constructed in a period from the 15th to 17th century. At the ground floor of south-western tower there is St. Helen chapel with a preserved renaissance portal. Castle's yard encloses a gothic well with carved crests of Frankopans and Counts of Krbava, dating from the 15th century.
At the immediate proximity of Castle, one can find St Philip and Jacob parish church, that was first mentioned in 1105. Beneath the castle extends Grobnik Plain where in 1241 Croatians prevailed over Tartars, hence the subsequent Tartarian raids in the region are mentioned nowhere in the history
Trsat (Italian: Tersatto, Latin: Tarsatica) is part of the city of Rijeka, Croatia. It has a historic castle or fortress in a strategic location and several historic churches. The Croatian noble Prince Krsto Frankopan is buried in one of the churches. Trsat is a steep hill, 138 m high, rising over the gorge of the Rječina river, about a kilometre away from the sea. It was strategically significant from the earliest times right up to the 17th century. Today it is a major Croatian Christian pilgrimage centre and home to a statue of Pope John Paul II who came to Trsat as a Pilgrim in 2003.
In the time before the Illyrians there was a fortified settlement, and then the Illyrian (japodian) fortress Tarsatica. Following this there was a Roman looking point, and from the 13th century it was the property of the Counts of Krk. Later it belonged to the Frankopans. Together with Vinodol, the Croatian-Hungarian King Andrija II presented Trsat to Vid II of Krk. Towards the end of the 15th century the Habsburgs ruled Trsat and, even though it belonged to Croatia and the Frankopans, would not give it up because of its excellent position for the protection of Rijeka. The inhabitants of Trsat and Rijeka waged their fiercest battles with the Venetians in 1508, while in 1527 the Turks made inroads into the city for a short time.
In the 16th century, Trsat was more often in Habsburg than in Frankopan hands, and was mainly ruled by the Captains of Rijeka or Senj or leaseholds. After the execution of Fran Krsto Frankopan in 1671 following the Zrinski-Frankopan conspiracy proposed by Petar Zirinski, the Habsburgs took Trsat over completely. It was attached for a short time to the state of Severin, and in 1778 Maria Theresa placed it under the municipality of Bakar, where it remained, with a short break during the Napoleonic wars, until 1874 when the community of Trsat was founded.
Trsat Castle, It stands on the site of an old Roman fortress and was built in the first half of the 13th century by the Frankopan Princes of Krk. From the beginning of the 15th century it had a succession of lords, but was most often owned by the Habsburgs. In 1528 the Senj Capitan Gašpar Raab bought the castle and adapted and greatly strengthened it. Once the danger from the Turks had passed at the end of the 17th century, and fire amrs had come into use, Trsat fortress was less important and was left allowed to fall into ruins, a process which was completed by an earthquake in 1750. Count Laval Nugent, Marshal and military commander of the Austrian coastal area, bought the ruins off the city, for an annual payment of one florint and had it restored in a Romantic Classicist-Biedermeier-style. He engaged the Venetian builder Paronuzzio and repaired the towers, decorated the interior and even built himself a mausoleum in the style of a Doric temple with four marble pillars supporting the facade. After his death his impoverished descendants deserted the castle and it once again fell into ruin until 1960. Since then it has been restored and enriched by the presence of art exhibitions, summer concerts and theatrical performances.
Gorski Kotar (Croatian: Gorski kotar, English: Mountain District) is the mountainous region in Croatia between Karlovac and Rijeka. Together with Lika it forms Mountainous Croatia. Because 63% of its surface is forested it is popularly called The green lungs of Croatia or Croatian Switzerland. Through the region passes the European route E65, which connects Budapest and Zagreb with the Adriatic Port of Rijeka
Fužine is a municipality situated 730m above sea-level, in the southwest part of Gorski kotar, surrounded by picturesque mountains, by the silence of centenary evergreen woods and by the beauty of its lakes. Since its beginnings and still today, Fuzine owe its development to the very favourable location near traffic routes - once near the road Karolina, which used to connect the interior with the littoral, and in the vicinity of the railroad, and today near the highway Zagreb-Rijeka which makes the trip to the seaside just half hour long. It is a real pleasure to stay at the seaside during summer, and spend nights in one of numerous accommodation units while breathing the pleasant night air of Gorski kotar.
Fužine is characterized by rich water resources. Today there are three accumulation lakes: Bajer, Lepenica and Potkos which fit beautifully in the mountain landscape. They are rich in fish and easily attract anglers. The clear water abounds in trout, round chub, marble trout, common carp, pike, grass carp etc. The lakes host sailing regattas and diving contests, and surfing, boat rides and canoeing is also available. The deep woods of Gorski kotar are perfect for hunters because they abound mostly in large animals, but in other game animals as well.
Tourist attraction of a significant importance is the cave Vrelo. It was discovered in the 1950s during the construction of the accumulation lake Bajer. It is well lighted and adapted for professionally guided visits. It is 300m long and quite specific for the underground water which flows through it -the only Croatian cave adapted for tourists which has this feature. Its relief has no steps and it is suitable even for visitors in wheelchair. Because of its accessibility and attractiveness it is visited by all generations, from kindergarten children to the elderly.
Gorski Kotar is very famous for its gastronomic offer. Excellent restaurants offer a wide choice of indigenous, homemade dishes or dishes with mushrooms, game meat goulash with maize porridge, smoked meat (dry-cured ham) "prsut" from deer or boar, bear paw, frog-legs, young boar baked under "peka" (a metal lid), roasted dormouse or dormouse goulash, fish and other forest fruit prepared according to original recipes.
The village is also known for comfortable accommodation units in guesthouses, hotels, apartments and mountain lodges, and here you can also find wellness and fitness facilities.
Island Krk (pronounced [krk]; German: Vegl; Latin: Curicta; Italian: Veglia; Vegliot Dalmatian: Vikla; Ancient Greek Kyrikon, Kupikov) is a Croatian island in the northern Adriatic Sea, located near Rijeka in the Bay of Kvarner and part of the Primorje-Gorski Kotar county.
Vrbnik (Italian: Verbenico, German: Vörbnick) is a Croatian small town on the east coast of the island of Krk. The town is perched on a limestone outcrop 50m above the Adriatic Sea. Since 1980 the island has been connected to mainland Croatia via the Krk Bridge
Vrbnička žlahtina is a quality dry white wine produced from an autochthonous variety, the white žlahtina.
This variety is specific as it is only grown vineyards in Krk and more precisely in the fields of Vrbnik. Apart from the community of Vrbnik, there are few other wine producers in Vrbnik. Today, Vrbnik and Žlahtina are synonymous as this is the only place they are cultivated.
This variety came to the island of Krk in the 1880s and to the Vrbnik field during the period between the two world wars. The wine name, Žlahtina, comes from the general Slavic adjective žlahten meaning noble.
This wine is a pale yellow or straw yellow colour and has a mild bouquet and pleasant characteristic taste. The freshness which can only be achieved in a colder climate, is characteristic of the northern part of the Adriatic to which this grapevine has adjusted, but the vineyards can also be found in the northern part of the island of Krk. In fact, there are mainly white wine varieties grown on the northern parts of the island: with žlahtina (Vrbnik) you can also find Istrian Malvazija, Draganela, Opačevina and other.
The žlahtina is particularly recognisable for its specific young bouquet. All the principal characteristics of this variety are conserved in the wine itself with its pleasant and lively taste which has 11% alcohol.
It is ideal served with sheep's milk cheese, all kinds of fish and sea specialities and white meat dishes.
The Frankopan family was a leading Croatian aristocratic family which dates back to the 12th century and even earlier to Roman times. They were related to the ruling dynasties and are the most long-lived and most famous family at the whole of Adriatic Sea. In the 15th century they lost the island of Krk and oriented to their estates throughout the Habsburg Monarchy. Frankopans were eradicated by Habsburgs in the second half of the 17th century, sharing their faith with Zrinskis, another renown Croatian noble family.
Along with the Zrinski family it had, in Croatian history, ranked high in terms of importance by virtue of power, wealth, fame, glory and role in Croatia's public life. They are closely connected with the Roman patrician Frangipani family. The Frangipani were a Roman princely family, earlier called Onicii or Anicii. The family took the name Frangipani in the 8th century. In 837 four brothers of the Frangipani family left Rome: Michele chose Venice as his domicile and Nicolo Dalmatia and Slavonia. The descendants of Michele obtained the island of Krk from the Venetians. The Frankopan family is mentioned in Croatian documents in 1133 when Dujam Frankopan is recorded as ruler and lord of the island of Krk and of areas of Dalmatia. Around 1200 the family owned wide areas on the mainland, including the Castle of Ribnik, near Karlovac.
The Frankopans constantly supported the Catholic Church. In particular, Nikola Frankopan reconstructed the Holy House of Our Lady in 1294 in Trsat. It is recorded that in 1291, Nikola Frankopan sent a delegation to Nazareth to measure the Holy House after the House had been saved, presumably by the Crusaders, and brought to Trsat, on the Adriatic Coast where the Frankopans had a castle. In 1294 Nikola Frankopan, gave the Holy House to the Pope to be placed on Papal lands, at Loreto, near Ancona.
They were the Croatian viceroys/Bans, Danish royal governors in Sweden, bishops in Hungary, generals and captains of Military Frontier, city mayors (e.g. of Split and Muggia). They were defenders and cultivators of Old Croatian divine service of St Cyril and Method. Their cultural, ecclesiastic, legal, educational, linguistic, building, political, diplomatic and military heritage is very rich. It was through efforts of Frankopans that Vinodol Code was passed in 1288, as one of the most progressive European code of the time.
Senj, (Italian: Segna, Latin: Senia, German: Zengg) is the oldest town on the upper Adriatic coast. It was founded before the time of the Roman Empire, some 3,000 years ago on a hill now called Kuk. The Illyrian tribe Iapydes were settled around the town. The current settlement is located in the foothills of the Mala Kapela and Velebit mountains.
The symbol of the town is the Nehaj Fortress (Croatian: Tvrđava Nehaj) which was completed in 1558. For a time this was the seat of the Uskoks (Italian: Uscocchi), who were Christian refugees from Ottoman Bosnia resettled here to protect the Habsburg borderlands. The Republic of Venice accused the Uskoks of piracy and declared war on them which led to their expulsion following a truce in 1617.
Senj has apparently been inhabited since prehistoric times. A settlement called Attienities in today's Senj was mentioned in Greek documents dated to 4th century BC.
Senia was a thriving town in the Roman province of Dalmatia, used by the Romans as a stronghold against the Illyrians in the 2nd century BC. After the fall of the Roman Empire, the Avars and the Croats eventually settled here in the 7th century AD.
The Catholic diocese of Senj was established in 1169. King of Hungary Béla III gave the town to the Knights Templar in 1184, and in 1271 it became the property of the Frankopan counts of Krk.
The military captaincy of Senj was established in 1469 in order to defend against the invading Ottoman and Venetian armies. The town sheltered thousands of refugees from nearby occupied areas. The Nehaj Fortress was completed in 1558 on the hill Nehaj, which at the time was outside of town. Today it is wholly within the town's borders. The wars with the Ottomans lasted well into the 17th century. During this time the Uskoks lived in Senj and occupied the fortress. They served an important purpose during the wars since they had small units of men rowing swift boats that proved to be very effective guerrilla forces. However, after the Uskok War with Venice, which ended in 1617, they were forbidden to settle in the area.
The 18th century brought some prosperity, especially with the construction of the Josephina road,(named after Emperor Joseph II) linking the Adriatic coast via Senj to Karlovac. The railway line built in 1873 between Fiume (Rijeka) and Karlovac did not pass by Senj which held back further development.
Until 1918, the town was part of the Austrian monarchy (Kingdom of Croatia-Slavonia after the compromise of 1867), in the Croatia-Slavonia Military Border District (Regiment III).
Informative offer; On the roads of Frankopans:
: Visit, with the possibility of driving on Automotodrom Grobnik
: Visit to Trsat, and the city of Rijeka
: Visit to lakes and cave Fužine, Gorski kotar
: Visit to the Island of Krk, and vineyards of Vrbnik
: Visit of the city of Senj
(using two kinds of roads, one towards the sea, the other over the mountain)
All done on the roads pleasant to drive
Many options for accommodation at various locations You may submit subsequent.
The prices for the dinners and housing, and breakfast, are not included in price.
I am in position to offer to You, the best possible places for Dinner and Accommodation, etc.
: The price is 73,00 € (555,00 kn) for 3 days, / for 1 CAR
: The price is 83,00 € (630,00 kn) for 4, and more days, / for 1 CAR
(the number of persons on board is not limited)
The VAT is not included in price
My job is that I'm Your, 24 hours, tour guide, who knows at any time to answer any of Your questions,
Your every desire and everything You need to feel happy and satisfied!